St Tropez Vacation
A short drive west of Nice & Cannes, is one of our favorite towns along the Cote d’Azur – St. Tropez! There is so much to see here but we’ve narrowed it down to the best places in St. Tropez, take a look!
We arrived on our Holland America Cruise Ship, and met our driver at the Port of Saint Tropez. Here are the best places to visit when visiting St. Tropez and the surrounding area.
What to DO?
- First in our best of St. Tropez! Take a walk along the bay of St. Tropez, and the seafront promenade and beach as you continue to the heart of St. Tropez town. You’ll see many artists selling their paintings along the waterfront, and shops, cafes. Climb up to the top of the village for fantastic views over the red roofed homes and Mediterranean Sea.
- Drive up to Gassin, a small hilltop town. We watched locals play a boules game, and then strolled down the main street. Enjoy a café au lait at a café or shop in the little boutiques. From Gassin, 600 ft. up, you get great panoramic views of the countryside and the Gulf of St. Tropez.
- Touring the Domaine De La Croix Winery and its beautiful gardens. Savor the vintages and sample the wines.
- Lunching at the legendary Club 55 on Brigitte Bardot’s beach. See more under the “EAT” section.
- Driving along the coastline and hills surrounding Ramatuelle. Ramatuelle is an old provincial town with narrow alleyways winding around the old church and town wall.
- Visit the old fishing town at Port Grimaud with its modern luxury homes, pastel colored houses covered with Roman tiles and linked by canals, alleys, and tiny squares and bridges.
The best places EAT in St. Tropez!
During your St Tropez vacation Club 55 is the legendary dining “hot spot” on Pampelonne Beach. Club 55 is the ultimate French Riviera beach restaurant, situated on the beach that was made famous by Brigitte Bardot in the 1960’s.
The jet set and celebrities frequently arrive by their yachts to have lunch here or relax on the beach. Spend a relaxing afternoon watching the “Who’s Who” of the French Riviera arrive. And don’t leave without saying hello to owners Monsieur et Madame Colmont! Enjoy the best there is to eat in St. Tropez!
Global Adventuress would like to say MERCI to the St. Tropez Tourism Office for their guidance with our trip planning, and Kingdom Limousines for the insightful tour of St. Tropez and the French Riviera!
We also would thank Travelpro for the carry-on spinner suitcase, a favorite of travel crews and avid travelers, as well as DK Travel travel guidebook.
DRIVER & GUIDES
Kingdom Limousines We highly recommend Kingdom Limousines for transfers and tailor-made tours along the French Riviera from the Provence countryside to shopping in Monaco, or sight-seeing along the Cote d’Azur. Our driver Gil was very knowledgeable about the area, and an excellent driver as well as guide.
Kingdom Limousines offers chauffeur services throughout the South of France (Saint-Tropez, Cannes, Nice, Saint Jean Cap Ferrat and Monaco). Their fleet includes Mercedes E class, S class L, Mercedes S500, Mercedes S600, Porsche, luxury minivan V class Mercedes, people carrier, Range Rover, and much more in order to accommodate your needs.
St. Tropez Tourism Office Visit the St. Tropez Tourism Site to help plan your trip.
Holland America Cruise Line We went on the Holland America Mediterranean Cruise and stopped at the Port of St. Tropez, and had an amazing day along the French Riviera!
TRAVEL PRODUCTS & SERVICES
DK Travel: Excellent travel guide books with helpful maps, inspiring images, and lots of great information to help you plan your travels.
TravelPro: High quality luggage, preferred by flight crews, frequent travelers, and the Global Adventuress Team.
TRAVEL INFORMATION & ADVISORIES
U.S. Passports & International Travel: The U.S. Department of State provides helpful information at this site including passport & visa requirements, embassy locations, and safety & security.