Rebecca shares her Travel Packing List below and advises to pack light. The happiest traveler is the one that carries the lightest. You’ll be amazed at how little you really need when you travel and if there’s anything that you forget, you can always purchase something like it “on the road”.
If you can scale down and fit everything into a carry-on and a small daypack, you will decrease the chances of your checked bags getting lost, and avoid long waits at baggage claim.
Travel Documents and Essentials- some of these are obvious, but sometimes in the flurry of packing they can be left behind:
1. Passport (that hasn’t expired – check your expiration date and make sure it’s sufficient for your travels).
2. Airplane tickets
3. VISA’s (if needed)
4. Drivers License
5. Travel Documents & Confirmations – itineraries, maps, travel insurance, vaccinations card)
6. Guidebook (with language reference guide)
5. Copies of travel documents (travel insurance, itineraries, vaccinations card), credit cards and your Passport/VISA’s, emergency contacts, medical information (cards & medications list) – put these copies in separate suitcase in case your handbag is lost or stolen.
6. Money Belt with Credit Cards, ATM Card, Cash
Clothing – depending on the length of time you will be traveling, the type of activities (casual, formal), and the weather forecasts:
1. Basics – good socks, underwear, sleepwear, swimsuit, 1 jacket or coat, 1 hat
3. Casual wear – few t-shirts, 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of shorts
4. Dressy wear – 1 dress (fabric that doesn’t wrinkle and can mix/match with a scarf and/or necklace to dress it up or down), 1 pair of slacks, 1 blouse, 1 skirt, 1 sweater
5. Shoes – 1 pair of flip-flops or sandals, 1 pair of tennis shoes or walking shoes (be sure to break your shoes in weeks before your trip or blisters could ruin your long awaited vacation), 1 pair of dress shoes
1. Toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss
3. Hair brush/comb
4. Basic makeup – pack lightly
5. Shampoo/conditioner (don’t bring if you are staying at hotels that provide this)
7. Hygiene Supplies
8. Basic First-aid Kit with pain reliever/aspirin
9. Eyeglasses, contact lenses/supplies
10. Sunscreen and Insect Repellent
11. Alarm Clock
Tech Gadgets – if you can’t leave these behind….just remember the power cords and chargers!
1. Power cords and chargers
2. Cell phone
4. Laptop or Mobile Device